In your cover letter, please briefly address the following questions:
1) Why do you want to work at B Generous?
2) What has been your experience in business development or sales development roles?
3) What motivates you?
Please be specific.
Sales Development Representative (SDR), B Generous
Remote; Ideal Locations: Atlanta-GA, Houston-TX, Memphis-TN, Nashville-TN, Raleigh-NC, Indianapolis-IN, New Orleans-LA
To Apply: Please Send Your Resume to Nathen Brickner at firstname.lastname@example.org with our Director, Lending and Partnerships, Chip Minto at email@example.com, included as well. Please use “Business Development Intern + Your Name” as the email subject.
B Generous is a FinTech startup that is addressing the half-a-trillion-dollar underserved donor nonprofit market in the U.S. At B Generous we’re powering nonprofits and donors to achieve more together by using financial technology for good. We accomplish this through our proprietary nonprofit lending product called “Accelerate” whereby we lend capital to nonprofits in the form of direct loans. We can lend $25K – $1M at any one time per nonprofit. Here is our sign up form to learn more.
As a B Generous Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will engage in outbound prospective customer calls and prospecting, video teleconferencing, and emails to generate qualified nonprofit leads who will attend a first meeting (discovery call) with a B Generous sales executive. You may also field inbound calls and inquiries as they come in and vet them for sales leadership. This role reports directly to our Vice President of Sales.
The focus of your efforts will be executive and senior level development and financial personnel at medium U.S.-based nonprofit organizations. You will be tasked with researching the proper nonprofit leads and explaining the B Generous value proposition to them, while also scheduling a call with them to speak with a B Generous sales professional. You will be targeting Executive Directors, CEOs, CFOs, and Chief Development officers at US based nonprofits.
We are looking for a candidate who is mission-driven, passionate about making the world a better place and working with nonprofits, and is eager to learn and to pick up the phone (and click on the keyboard) to meet prospective customers. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage time, be self-motivated, and able to self-regulate in a remote-selling environment. A competitive-but-highly-positive attitude is a must, and knowledge of financial technology (especially credit and lending), nonprofits, and nonprofit technology will be very helpful.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for meeting quarterly sales meeting attendance goals. This will include researching and generating lead lists, outbound calling and/or online prospecting (e.g LinkedIn outreach), email outreach, and other forms of outbound communication at the top and bottom of the funnel (including follow ups on a specified cadence).
- The SDR will be responsible for engaging and qualifying nonprofit organizations for their suitability to utilize and benefit from our direct lending product called “Accelerate”
- The SDR will utilize a customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to log calls, improve customer data, and manage their day-to-day activities. The SDR will be responsible for data entry and keeping all lead files and reports up to date.
- The SDR will work with sales leadership to craft a variety of nonprofit sales collateral, written and verbal pitches, and responses to standard questions and objections.
- Identify best practices and efficiencies/inefficiencies within the sales process to improve sales knowledge, and sales cycles. We are looking for those willing to share their voice and opinions to make this a world-class sales organization.
- Be coachable, and have a continuous learner mentality and become an expert in the fintech, nonprofit, and nonprofit tech landscapes.
- 2+ year(s) of outbound sales or business development experience with phone, video teleconferencing, and email communication to senior management or executive leaders at nonprofit organizations, political or nonprofit fundraising, or business development efforts with small/medium business technology solutions or small/medium business fintech solutions. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required, and we will accept experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proven track record to set, meet, and exceed sales targets is a major plus
- Experience with a CRM or other sales technology (e.g. lead generation tools) is highly preferred. Specific experience with Salesforce Data Cloud is highly desirable.
- Strong communications skills–both written and verbal–with a high EQ and ability to represent the company professionally and with strong ethics and values.
- Time spent as part of past sales teams that have successfully raised Series A and/or previous experience working at an Early-Mid-Stage, Venture-Backed Startup is strongly desired.
Compensation & Special Benefits
In addition to our traditional compensation model, we also offer additional benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Flexible working location
- Company philanthropic match credit up to $1,000 to your favorite nonprofit organization
- Unlimited PTO package (some rules apply)
- Health Insurance
- Dog-friendly company
- Fun team-building exercises and events and a positive atmosphere and culture
- Opportunities for advancement, growth, and leadership
- Respect and priority for diversity/equity/inclusion
B Generous. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B Generous is only able to hire U.S. citizens or those with the right to work in the United States at this time. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship or take on a visa transfer.