B Generous is a new FinTech startup that is addressing the half-a-trillion-dollar underserved donor nonprofit market in the U.S. At B Generous we’re powering nonprofits and donors to achieve more together by using financial technology for good. We accomplish this through our proprietary, and first of its kind, philanthropic credit product which allows donors to Donate Now, Pay Later (think Affirm/Klarna for nonprofits).
Founded by an experienced and well-known tech entrepreneur, B Generous has just raised a significant venture capital round from some of the top VC funds in Silicon Valley and New York. We have also partnered with some of the nation’s leading financial institutions, banks, and nonprofit organizations, and we recently closed a $120M+ lending facility to power our core Donate Now, Pay Later product.
For our ideal candidate, we are looking for an up-and-coming and highly motivated Product Manager with deep project management expertise, experience working with an external UX/UI firm, and extremely strong attention to detail. Experience in building scalable tech products and procedures for financial institutions/fintechs and/or nonprofit tech firms is a plus.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment, owning your domain, and, if you want to make the world a better place while working with a highly experienced and passionate team, then this role may be right for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- The role is currently set as a sole contributor working closely with our CEO, CTO, and Director of Customer Success. There will also be oversight of several external relationships, including our UX/UI firm, market research firm, and related technology platforms.
- Oversee Product Portfolio, with an emphasis on Core Product Design, Development, Management, Improvement, and New Product Iteration (including UX/UI)
- Definition, Development, and Ownership of short-term and long-term product roadmap as well as development and ownership of product lifecycle and development framework
- Manage virtuous product lifecycle (design-test-fail/succeed-iterate-repeat), including close collaboration with design, engineering, behavioral science, and customer-facing teams. The product lifecycle will be set and executed across a variety of full-stack product definitions (i.e. web, mobile, etc.) and product values, with the goal of having the product team working on next-version iterations and new ideas while engineering codes
- Create data-driven insights and improvements from market research, customer metrics, etc. while developing own set of criteria to maximize product development and outcomes
- Establish a framework for ongoing product insights, evaluations, and behavioral decision processes that optimize customer conversion, experience, and retention
- The Manager will not only be expected to execute on B Generous’s current vision/roadmap but must also come to the table with ideas of their own to drive forward the growth of the company
- You must have familiarity with Figma with a great attention to detail that includes translating product design and development work into concise and accurate Jira tickets
Experience (Highly Preferred)
- 3+ years of Progressive Product Development & Management Experience with at least 1 year in a manager role
- Deep Experience Collaborating on Products at the Go-To-Market Stage
- Proven ability to design, develop, and accelerate multiple product lines, with the demonstrated capacity to iterate and self-develop new inventions
- Practical experience with product and project management methodologies, including Scrum, Agile, Lean, Kanban, and Extreme Programming with proven dedication to ongoing education, thought leadership, and leading-edge knowledge
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, growth, and other teams–must know when to step on the pedal and push, and when to step back and let others lead
- Previous Experience Working at an Early-Mid Stage, Venture-Backed Startup
- Communication and leadership skills at both a technical and business/strategy level, with a strong track record of people and vendor selection/management, internal/external stakeholder management, and strong, ethical representation of company
- Deep-seated ability to align product goals with rapid timelines, budgets, and business objectives/strategy, while also being able to pushback, reset, and self-define where necessary
- Proven ability to develop data insight and interpretation frameworks that lead to exceptional results, including developing/interpreting web analytics, business intelligence, and behavioral frameworks (e.g. nudge behavior) that enhance product-based outcomes
- Experience managing market and behavioral research, including developing and leading highly technical product planning
- Ability to project manage with great accuracy and adherence to goals, timelines, and strategies within a dynamic, rapid iteration, and seamless deployment environment
- Will not be crushed or surprised by the demands of a startup environment with an energetic bi-coastal leadership team
- Be an “A-Player” with demonstrated leadership and network in the product development space, who is also a genuinely caring human being with a desire to combine profit and purpose over a long-term commitment in alignment with B Generous’s product and company values
Compensation & Special Benefits
In addition to our traditional compensation model of equity and salary, we also offer additional benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Flexible working location/hours (e.g. work from home + work off hours)
- Company philanthropic match credit up to $1,000 to your favorite nonprofit organization
- 10-20% Dedicated Innovation Time (internal moonshot lab)
- Unlimited PTO package (some rules apply)
- Generous travel package and perks (e.g. company retreats)
- Health Insurance
- Dog-friendly company
- Fun team-building exercises and events and a positive atmosphere and culture
B Generous, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B Generous is only able to hire U.S. citizens or those with the right to work in the United States at this time. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship.