N.B. The maximum salary for this role is $185,000 (USD) per year, commensurate with experience. There may also be the potential for equity with this role.
We are now looking for our first DevSecOps lead with a direct reporting line to our Chief Technology Officer.
The Senior Engineer, DevSecOps is an integral member of the B Generous team. Our successful candidate will be an evidence-driven, technologically knowledgeable, and autonomous tech ops leader with deep knowledge and experience in the FinTech or financial services space. You will work alongside an incredibly dedicated team of technology founders and executives who value hard work, collaboration, and a commitment to delivering successful outcomes that consistently exceed our customers’ needs and grow B Generous as a best-in-class technology leader. On a daily basis, you will oversee our production environments and technology operations that are critical to deliver on our social impact mission. If you enjoy owning your domain in a fast-paced work environment, love working with an experienced and passionate team, and want to make the world a better place, then this role may be right for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recommend best-practices for building secure network architectures in line with long-term business outcomes
- Maintain and enhance AWS Cloud Infrastructure, including integrating additional AWS and 3rd party services to provide a highly reliable, available and scalable operating environment
- Prioritize your time effectively and work on multiple projects while maintaining commitments.
- Be part of and helping set a great early startup team culture and workplace experience
- Experienced with high-availability operations management, including deployment automation and rollback strategies
- Design Release Process to support Zero Downtime Deploys
- Requirement for on-call rotation, which includes weekends
- Build and maintain secure AWS cloud infrastructure
- Participate in compliance policy definition, review and audits (SOC-2)
- Ensure compliance with Information Security Office policies and industry best practices for cloud security
- Design, develop, and document processes to support cloud computing infrastructure and application deployments
- Support, monitor and optimize cloud-based applications to ensure continuous service delivery
- Manage 3rd Party cloud identity services
- Support integration with external technology partners
Automation & CI/CD
- Collaborate with team members to automate cloud infrastructure functions and monitor health and performance of services and scheduled processes
- Work closely with data engineers to design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Assist in investigating production issues, root cause analysis
- Understand and follow security protocols for managing PII and PCI-DSS related data
- Must have deep experience with AWS Services and Hosting environment: CloudFront, Cloudwatch, Route 53, S3, Aurora/PostGres, Kafka, KMS, Lambda, SNS, API Gateway
- CICD Pipeline automation: Terraform, BitBucket, CodeArtifact
- User Admin/Access controls: LDAP, Auth0, VPNs
- Bachelor’s degree with five years experience in DevOps management or related
- Experience working in a cloud-based financial transaction processing service vertical and data warehouse environments
- Experience with implementing and maintaining infrastructure to support all aspects of the software development cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience building scalable infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation
- AWS DevOps certification
- CISSP Certification
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
- Experience with issue tracking systems (JIRA).
- Previous experience working at an early or mid-stage, venture-backed startup.
Compensation & Special Benefits
In addition to our traditional compensation model of market salary, we also offer additional benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Flexible working location/hours (e.g. work from home + work off hours)
- Company philanthropic match credit up to $1,000 to your favorite nonprofit organization
- 10-20% Dedicated Innovation Time (internal moonshot lab)
- Generous PTO package
- Generous travel package and perks (e.g. company retreats)
- Health Insurance
- Dog-friendly company
- Fun team-building exercises and events and a positive atmosphere and culture
B Generous, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B Generous is only able to hire U.S. citizens or those with the right to work in the United States at this time. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship.