Who we are
B Generous is a new FinTech startup that is addressing the half-a-trillion-dollar underserved donor nonprofit market in the U.S. today. At B Generous we’re powering nonprofits and donors to achieve more together by using financial technology for good. We accomplish this through our proprietary, and first of its kind, philanthropic credit product.
Founded by an experienced and well-known tech entrepreneur, B Generous has just raised a significant venture capital round from some of the top VC funds in Silicon Valley and New York. We have also partnered with some of the nation’s leading financial institutions, banks, and nonprofit organizations.
We are now looking for a highly specialized nonprofit advisor who is a true expert in online digital fundraising for nonprofits. This individual will have led in-house nonprofit teams in bringing on new fundraising technologies, integrating them, and using them to raise online donations from the public. The role would be on a purely advisor basis (i.e. not full-time) and will be either equity or cash compensated.
The Nonprofit Industry Advisor will work directly with our CEO and COO and other executive team members, providing deep expertise and insights across the individual nonprofit fundraising and technology landscape. The expected cadence will be no more than 3-5 hours of work per week, though some weeks will be very light and some will be a bit heavier.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment, owning your domain, and, if you want to make the world a better place while working with a highly experienced and passionate team, then this role may be right for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Come prepared with both historical and contemporary expertise on nonprofit individual fundraising, giving trends, nonprofit technology, and the philanthropy tech competitive landscape
- Bring a strong set of expertise on the decision-making processes related to nonprofit technology within nonprofit organizations (NPOs), including best practices around integration, implementation, evangelism, etc.
- Support B Generous’ senior executives across sales, marketing, product, tech, etc. with advice, expertise, and talking points/information related to nonprofit fundraising and technology best practices
- Help B Generous develop authentic, practical and future-looking dialogue around nonprofit fundraising and technology, including an informed, decisive and unique perspective/voice that we can advocate publicly
- Provide analysis and insight on the broader trends within fundraising and nonprofit technology that help with sales enablement and team-wide knowledge (put another way: what is going on in our space now and tomorrow)
- Serve as our “in-house” expert in various public media, including blogs, social posts, client references, etc.
- Help our leadership, product, and tech teams with new ideas, innovations, and product feedback to create virtuous feedback loops that optimize our product, sales, and customer experience
- Minimum of 8 years in nonprofit organizations leading fundraising, technology decision making, etc.
- Deep understanding of fundraising cycles, nonprofit problem-solution sets, and nonprofit decision-making technology processes from first pitch through usage
- Proven track record leading fundraising and operations for multiple nonprofit organizations at scale with a deep understanding of nonprofit fundraising channels and cross-generational tactics with an emphasis on individual giving
- A specific understanding of online and digital fundraising tactics with an emphasis on next-generation fundraising and new technologies and growth initiatives
- Strong networking and public speaking skills with a comfort presenting to senior leadership
- A proven track record of innovation/technological change management within nonprofit organizations
- Data-driven with a thirst for knowledge about the nonprofit sector that can help directionally lead B Generous with new knowledge and insights
- Past experience working with high-growth for-profit startups or highly innovative nonprofit organizations is strongly preferred
Compensation & Special Benefits
This will be an equity and/or cash compensated position. Other benefits can be discussed.
While this role is a work-from-home advisory role, it may require travel for meetings with B Generous Leadership, clients, and lending partners from time to time, where health conditions and resources allow.
B Generous. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B Generous is only able to hire U.S. citizens or those with the right to work in the United States at this time. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship or take on a visa transfer.